Tuesday 9 January 2024

Circling wings


 

That swoop of wings.

Haunting,

like a guillotine

cutting

the day in two.

Left askew.

as if to ask you

to put it all back

together again.

 

Those

circling

wings,

ready to devour

any weakened flesh.

In the weekend fresh air

it has its avian eyes on me.

The umbrella trees

won't protect,

from the fear

that rains

from the skies.

 

I see a sea of silhouette shadows,

those swooping wings.

sweeping, swishing

past me.

Talons glint in the midday sun.

Trying to slash me,

but then a kind smile

sets my heart alight.

Gives CPR with loving eyes.

Sparks a bit of life

back into this corpse

and the vulture

fades from sight.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *