Wednesday 24 January 2024

Rubble and brick

 


Admiring the view,

brick and rubble, no skies.

Landlord was trouble, I knew,

first time I spied those lying eyes,

but I didn’t plan on life.

I think back to that

empty flat,

when life was stolen away.

I hid days, buried in the past

in rubble and brick

and the future rushed

away from me too fast.

I sank into the hurt too quick.

 

Windows onto rubble and brick.

Never opened, painted shut.

Electricity a luxury

I quickly learnt to ignore.

I'd turn the key.

Locking the door

on the hateful eyes of eternity.

I didn't see any skies,

Smiles: a thing

of past lives.

Silver streaks over walls

of rubble and brick.

 

The universe's

kleptomaniac side,

laughing as she stole

all I had to my name.

Just me

and the slugs

for company.

Food every other day.

If I could rise from where I lay.

Tv never tuned,

I sank into

my own blackhole

as the forgetful world continued.

 

Rot and damp.

Nothing left to give away.

I sank into the mattress

crafted into a bed,

not wanting to live.

Silver streaks next to my head.

Counting days

until death would come knocking,

but it seemed even he

had forgotten about me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *