Sunday 24 December 2023

A festive slice of Apocalyptica pie

 


"I am so excited! 

Satan is coming tonight

to bring some presents!"

 

"Don't you mean Santa?"

 

"No not that fraud! Last time he came

all he brought me as a reward

was a piece of coal, I was not a happy bunny!

seriously it wasn't funny.

I had been good all year,

Must have been back in 1914,

okay so yeah, I started that war,

but it is my job, hell it's my bloody name"

 

"True" said death scratching his chin,

bone fragments dropping

like snow on the floor.

"But maybe you did the job

a little too well?

They wanted war,

not the fires of hell!"

 

"Well, I didn't hear you complaining!"

 

"Well come on,

my pay checks over those years

were through the roof, I had so much work,

but I was in the flushness of youth"

 

"Youth? You've been here

as long as me,

since the beginning of eternity."

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *