Friday 22 December 2023

The magic in raised lips

 


When she smiles

the sunlight

fades away,

dazzled and amazed,

it shades its eyes

from the blazing light.

Electricity glows. Fuses blown,

feint ghost light shimmers,

lingering in the bulbs. To catch a sight.

Candles flicker out.

flames withering away,

becoming vapour in the air.

 

When she smiles

nothing else

could compare.

Nothing else matters

in that single moment there.

Seeing the flowering

beauty blossom over her face,

heart races.

Never able to keep pace

with the way my thoughts taste.

 

When she smiles

it's not just in the lips,

her eyes raise to glance

as my heartbeat trips in a stumbled dance.

That gaze, could set a fire ablaze

in the coldest heart, in the darkest caves,

and when she smiles

I feel connected,

two halves of one.

Two poles apart

but through the earth

the poles are dissected,

like we are chained

across time and space.

Whoever my heart lands

her soul will embrace.

 

When she smiles

she has questions

in her eyes,

she has answers

in her mind,

she sees the universe

and she sees the love inside.

When she smiles

I know everything

is going to be just fine.

Nothing can hurt me

when this smile beams down.

 

When she smiles

no one could taunt away

the happiness,

nor haunt today, trapping us.

I only see the

smile looming,

not any creatures moving,

no demons lurking

or devil's working.

Under the moon I'm free

with this smile watching over me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *