Tuesday 26 December 2023

A monopoly of Apocalyptica

 


"Punching day?

Where people climb in a ring

and hit each other for fun"

 

"No that's not it,

I think it's a day of putting away items,

in cardboard containers

and storing them, where you never

find them again"

 

"Well, I'm buggered if I know!

Humans always have to make it complicated.

All I know is it’s the day after Christmas,

so, what's the plan"

 

"Well buses are still not running,

so, I think it's another day of TV."

 

"Oooh we could play monopoly,

that's always a nice friendly game"

 

3 hours later.

 

"I will destroy you,

someone get me my new scythe,

I want to give it a whirl

it has Wi-Fi access

and an Internet connection

a bunch of apps

and has some cool snazzy graphics"

 

"Yes, we've all heard

about your new scythe,

but you can't kill him

for having a hotel on park Lane"

 

"Try me"

Death grabs his new

super high-tech scythe,

clicks the on switch. Nothing.

 

"Oh bugger, I forgot to charge it"

 

"Now, now boys. Play nicely...

Does anyone want turkey sandwiches,

seems we have enough turkey to feed an army"

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *