Monday 18 December 2023

Seasons of heart

 


I hear the summer sun,

its gentle hum,

delicately bringing warmth.

I hear the slow

laid back breeze, rise then fall.

I feel the call of love,

and I see her in future dreams.

Scrapbook photographs, yet to be seen.

These snapshots not yet faded,

instant memories.

These dreams are lived

wide awake it seems.

 

I hear the leaves crisp

crack, underfoot,

like a snapped oak

and a scratched back.

When you took my heart into your hands,

and squeezed it, until it was just sap,

like plasticine flowers between fingers.

I hear the oozing sound of rivers

and the loving softness lingers

as you brush away autumn

and welcome the winter

to come and stay.

 

I hear the glistening snow start to fall,

A twinkling percussion of crystal.

calls out over the crunchy bass,

Footstep tales of our snow covered

escapades.

Those frost covered hillsides,

the glistening shine of ice-covered rivers

and the stillness of wintertime.

 

I hear the saplings sing

a growing tune for us.

The roots deep in the dust,

reverberating a rhythm underfoot.

I watch as the plants

sway side to side,

dancing in perfect time.

Their voices blending.

Harmonic and wide,

across the planet,

the lush green countryside,

its tunes sprung in eventide.

 

I hear the seasons of love,

I see wonders

I witness the passing of time

and I aimlessly search

these streets of mine.

Trying to remember where I left

that first kiss, where I held that hand

the last time.

Where the days became memories painted

on yellow tinged pages,

when the memories became

so distant they were mere recollections.

Reflections seen

in shimmery waters, and on icy rivers,

glimpses, glanced at those torn worn pictures.

I try to hear the seasons,

but I'm deafened by time it seems.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *