Saturday 9 December 2023

Rising waters

 


I look over the blank spaces

of a book full of empty pages,

unwritten, unwoven stories

never knitted together. Unformed,

the lines just didn't come,

the tales could never conform

and I know in that

silent sea of empty mystery,

that ocean of unspoken words,

that my destiny waits

watching out looking for me.

But on this ground, I sit, holding my future

in my own hands and as a single tear lands,

I feel another rising to saturate the sands.

 

I look out and I see that beacon

shining oh so bright.

From afar the light is still dazzling

and blinding my sight.

It beams through the day.

It beams through the night.

A smile and eyes

that make the world turn right,

but I sit in this shallow water

as it starts to rise,

from the droplets that form

in the corner of my eyes.

 

There lay a story

somewhere for me.

I keep searching, seeking.

Its speaking to me, but my ears

are fearing that they could be mistaken.

I can't make the words form

from my hopelessly retired brain,

so many times, twisted and shaken.

So, I wallow, in the waves lapping over me,

and add my tears

to the rising waters

engulfing me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *