Sunday 31 December 2023

Broken heart strings

 


Two different songs,

completely out of sync.

We spent so long

trying to make

the harmonies link,

when the whole soundscape

was being played in a different key.

Where the lyrics you sung

were not ones

written on the page I see.

 

Our rhythm was out of time,

yours beat so fast,

mine, slowly chimed.

Two songs played

simultaneously.

Each one a wonder

when heard individually,

but when the sounds blended

together,

a cacophony,

played by a twisted

demonic orchestra.

A musical monstrosity.

 

Those heartstrings were played,

on a harp made of glass.

The shining light cast out

dazzled and glared

across my eyes.

Blinding me to reality.

Twisting the image,

a window of fantasy

and still the orchestra played

fingers frayed

by the razor strings

of the song set free.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *