Saturday 16 December 2023

I don't want a lot for Christmas

 


I don't want a lot for Christmas.

There is just one thing I need.

I don’t care about the presents

underneath the Christmas tree...

 

I'd rather we lose the hate and greed.

Stop making innocent people bleed,

feed the world instead

with something nice,

give a feast of love tonight.

Treat with respect this year,

give love instead of instilling fear.

Make my wish come true.

All I want for Christmas is...

 

A world without hurt,

a place where hearts can shine.

A time and place to sing,

a song sung so very nice.

I want the word to be

a place of unity.

Is this so much to ask?

Let us take our leaders to task.

 

I don't want boxed up gifts,

Stockings overflowing with things,

I don't want your cash.

The socks

with crazy price tags.

I don't want lots of bags

of stuff I'll never use,

all I want this Christmas is...

 

A place with no abuse,

where we give respect i's due.

A world where bombs don't rain,

We can talk instead

of inflicting pain.

A world where money

isn't the means to an end.

Where we don't need

to live to work,

made to feed the rich,

when the poor are begging for scraps.

Where we don’t give

into the itch

to own the latest shit.

All I want for Christmas is this

 

Could we try instead,

when the lights go low,

and we take to bed,

when we think Santa

will drop the loot he stows.

Could we think of those

who need love

not the hurt those flows.

Can we think

outside of ourselves,

instead of what we can get.

Let's give out our love.

Not a plate of disrespect.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *