Thursday 28 December 2023

Find me in the darkness

 


Will you find me in the darkness,

come looking in the shadows.

Will you see me in faded silhouettes,

an outline of a man

out of time with his own mind.

Will you notice

when the flickering streetlights

start glowing.

Lighting your pathway more clearly.

When that harsh wind stops blowing,

would you notice me,

holding the weather at bay.

To make your day

more comfortable,

less harmful in any way.

 

And if the lights all fade out.

I'll beckon the moon

to shine a beacon for you,

Making the pathway easier to roam

so, you will always be able

to find your way back home.

But will you see me in the shadows,

hear me cry in the wind,

will you know when I'm falling,

and how deeply I’m falling in.

 

And if life starts to crush,

I'll be there with a hand,

ears to hear, a kind heart inside

just to help overcome

what may land at your door,

never to take over, or push

nor stand in your way.

Just to help if I may

if it's what you want.

You only have to say

and I'll be there in a rush,

before the end of the day.

 

But if those shadows

loom too close to me,

will you shine your light 

so I can see.

Will you show me that they are

just the dancing light at play,

or would you just laugh at me.

Letting me fear

my own saddened screams.

My own demons

that sometimes haunt

my own worn-out dreams,

or would you hold out a hand for me?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *