Wednesday 27 December 2023

A natural disaster

 


In secret I cry,

rivers kept inside,

whilst the day is bright.

Floods of emotion wave out

unleashed when night

sits silently beside.

Trying to grab attention.

Trying to pull the oceans closer.

I wish I could express

the liquid thoughts

that leak from me,

In words more translucent

than misery.

 

In those hours,

I let winds rush forth,

I spill out hurricanes of noise.

I let the walls feel the force.

Nature can't compete

when my hurt

is so complete

It's a part of me.

I wish

the turbulent thoughts

could be expressed

in words

more tempestuous

than pain and distress.

 

In secret I rumble

as my thoughts mumble.

Quivering earth-shattering shakes

making walls crumble.

Pain exasperated

amid soul wrenching

earthquakes.

I wish I could expand my thoughts

in words

more seismic

than despair and anguish.

 

In secret I feel a fire take hold,

raging through my core,

right into my soul. The flames cold

against my burning pain.

Nature can't hold a candle,

to the fierce way my mind

picks fault

with the little flames

it brings.

I wish I could express

the raging thoughts

In words

more combustible

than hurt and agony.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *