Saturday 2 December 2023

A little rest

 


Sleep has left me forlorn it seems, I dare to dream,

but alas the moon is mocking me.

My sheep have all emigrated,

I'm left with a vast field

where all my thoughts

have congregated.

I try to navigate the bustling throng,

but they are dragging me down.

Crowding me. Stamping over me,

pushing me along.

Singing loud songs.

 

My body is sore, aching to fall,

bit by bit it starts to close off.

Bits are dozing

while my brain just sits and scoffs.

Sleep?

It’s for the weak and feeble

it protests.

Well, I'm weak and feeble,

now let me fucking rest.

 

I've crawled through rabbit holes in my head,

dug up corpses, spoken to the dead.

Carcasses reanimated and given a home.

Across time and space, I've roamed

trying to find where I dropped my sleep,

but it seems I've lost the thread.

I want to weep. it eludes me still.

I've got chills, window open,

closed, covers on/off

Nothing I do seems

to make the shades drop.

Rested? Not in the slightest

It's like a motorway.

Congested, with too many thoughts blinding.

Blue lights flashing, 

but my mind sits resisting arrest.

 

I hear the songbirds sing.

sleep is not coming.

Suddenly everything

Starts to

slow

down

and

the

world

swirls around.

A burst of colour.

The party is in full swing.

I just want to rest is that such a bad thing.

My alarm starts to ring.

The hammer blow sends it

to its clockwork grave.

 

*Disclaimer no clocks were harmed

during the events portrayed*

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *