Sunday 24 December 2023

No light

 


No light.

I walk into night,

into shadows,

I take my rightful place

hidden in the fade.

I hide my face.

I stay in the darkness

where I can't be seen.

In the shade

of terror filled dreams.

No light.

Turn out the sun.

Walk Into darkness

before my colours run.

I'm nothing,

a no one.

I say to nobody

as my shadow

stretches away from me.

No light.

I fade as quickly

as a flame burns bright.

I need to stay

enshrouded by the night,

No one can see me, right?

 

And yet.

No light begets no life,

no right to walk head held high

and I've worked

so damned hard to get here.

From a place so deep,

steeped in fear.

So, no I'll walk in the light

with my head held high, I'll feel its brightness

the lightest kiss, the way it strokes my hair.

 

I used to rear up in fright

when I caught sight

of myself in windows reflective light,

now I see I'm just another person

going about their life.

Maybe not a model or anything,

but in my little world I'm happy

and that's what I will always try to bring.

 

And deep in some long distant shadow

I'll see my old self

looking back upon me

through the reflective glare

of a window in streetlight flare

and he will see someone

that has fought the demons of hell

and still walks free, 

and he will think,

that is somebody I want to be.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *