Friday 15 December 2023

Where the seas flow and the river rages

 


I see so much beauty

in the lines of your mind,

the outside beauty

gets outshined

by the majestic glow

you hold inside.

How can someone

hold so much light

and not know?

How can somebody hold

so much light

and not ignite,

burning away into the midnight sky.

If you reached out,

embers to the touch.

My heart would die but my soul would fly.

I'd fizzle into dust.

 

My vision blurs

when my eyes glance,

It's like a picture of perfection

too much for my eyes to see,

so, they shade the view.

Only allowing me to see the truth

through the words you use.

I would become a million shadows

if your light cast itself upon me.

All the darkness would seep away

like rain down a gurgling drain

into the crazy paving streets,

into the cracks and soil beneath.

 

But the outside

is merely a preview,

a book cover,

with so many stories

held within.

I want to tease

the pages with fingers

eagerly caressing

the edges,

letting the words

flow across my palms,

feeling every glowing moment,

as my mind witnesses

all of the charms

held in the pages.

all I want is to be held

in those arms.

 

They say beauty is only skin deep,

but this is not true, there is beauty

in the very core of you.

Something uniquely tattooed to your soul.

It's deeper than any man-made hole.

Brighter than any glimmer of gold.

More priceless than diamonds or gems,

it can't be seen through any fancy lens,

just on the edges of your pen.

On the words you let float onto pages,

something drawn through ages.

Where the seas flow

and the river rages.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *