Friday 29 December 2023

Real me

 


If you want to know the real me,

come and meet me in the wilderness

when my thoughts have run free.

Meet me in the moonlight

when all I'm left is an empty head,

any remnant of creativity has fled.

and I'm just aching,

withered laying on my bed.

You will still see sparks.

The well is never dry

just sometimes takes

a little longer for the darkness

to step aside.

 

The real me is on these pages,

in the stained ink

It's in the linked

thoughts that sometimes

don't sync, it's in the twisted imagery

that flickers insanely across

my minds display,

It's all a part of me. 

the good, the bad,  

the clever or slightly mad,

the weakness

and the strength

to fight each and every day.

 

Come and meet me on the rverside,

or someplace beside the sea

because that is where my thoughts reside,

where they are pulled

by the strings of the moonbeams

like the tides of my dream oceans.

Sometimes it's like staring

directly at the sun, eyes burn 

and the colours run,

but they flicker with emotion.

other times it's a dim lick

of a candle in a faraway window.

but the flame never goes out

just sometimes needs oxygen

to feed it, make it burn brighter.

 

I'm all the bits and pieces,

the hopes and fears,

the scraps of memory,

the faded visage of previous years.

Precious days mixed with emotional rains,

that fizzle gently in that empty

space between my ears.

Moments of pain and happiness

blended with the now

and so many yesterday tears.

 

I'm slightly aloof when my mind

is whirling through its gears,

I sometimes struggle

to keep up with my thoughts and fears

as they float up to the roof.

I may be quiet, I may be distant,

but I’m always listening intently.

I'm not everyone's cup of tea,

that's fine, I can only be me.

But get to know me deeply

and you'll see warmth, that flows gently,

a smile always sitting trying to break free

and a heart that cares for those around me.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *