Friday 22 December 2023

Haunted

 


Haunted.

Hunted.

When I'm alone the voices

shout.

Things keep flying about.

I lose the will to fight.

In fact, I lose everything

that isn't nailed tight.

Things keep floating,

flying.

I often hear the sound of crying.

Is it mine?

It sounds

like the eternally dying.

 

Haunted.

Taunting voices

tease.

Can someone get me

out of here please?

The atmosphere

is killing me.

It's dead in here, and I'm

down on my knees.

I'm going to lose

my will to fight

If I sit here for an entire night,

with just these ghouls for company,

only trying to cause

me fright.

Oh shit. Now they've turned out the light.

 

Haunted.

I’m surrounded

by vague figures faking transparency.

They are see through,

but their thoughts don't speak true.

They just want to grind you down,

Sow the ashes

into the ground,

tie your mind in knots

until a tangled mess

is all you've got.

These ghastly wicked voices leer,

in the still delicate air,

as they speak

it crackles and creaks,

ready to splinter into your hair

filling your heart

with despair and fear.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *