Tuesday 16 April 2024

Tales from the 44A: In terminal obsolescence

 


It's weird, I could

have sworn

that I saw your face.

Underneath the fluorescent

incandescence. Pacing 

between the cold metal seats.

The old stationary

monuments to a life

travelling away.

Weary passengers mass around,

congregating like strangers

at a funeral. eyes to the ground.

 

It’s weird, like time

had flipping back, the clock

sliding across the face

to some lost school day.

Where we would climb and play.

Tree houses to another place,

discussing the girls

that made our hearts pace,

times that felt exciting.

The sunlight would burn the sky,

the colour of fire, of youth.

you knew so much of my truth.

 

It's weird to see you

swaying through,

dancing between

the confused blue glow

of the night,

but in here there is

a cold wind biting.

Tearful faces

in the flickering lighting.

They know not why

the tears alight,

they are just searching,

seeking the right

bus to their destination.

 

It's weird to see you here,

not how I read

about you last.

Lying dead 

at the rear of the dance floor

in that club,

you used to play records

to make the audiences sway.

The eyes glancing

at timetable screens.

In terminal obsolescence.

Nowhere to go

and no pathways remain.

Is this station the last boarding

place for souls I once knew?

If so, then I'll see a few.

all I can offer is my heart

and wish safe journey

to all of you.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *