Monday 15 April 2024

Talkes from the 44A: Sadness along the way

 


Past the Tesco express

where light rips the night in two.

I think briefly of you,

how there was a tear in reality

where this view would be shared.

But now I'm here backtracking 

into the blur of darkened streets

my thoughts consumed

by the empty seat.

 

In the streetlight shadows

A glimpse, a face.

Glancing at the space I sit.

Are they looking at me?

Another street corner,

Another nighttime walker

looking at my weary face

as it swoops closer.

The wheels trundle through,

but inside, paranoia

is my only thought,

leeching onto my fear

and turning a screw

 

By the flickering light

that hasn't been fixed since

forever was a faint glimmer

in eternities eyes.

A sigh. Roadworks slowing

the speed to a crawl.

Drive past the school.

More kids here at nightfall

than during lesson time.

You'd think it would be

the last place they'd want to spend

their youthful evenings entertained.

 

The vast park, glowing bulbs

form a bridge of light

halving the two dark pools of night.

The pub, condensation

hiding revelry inside.

Gangs colluding

beside buildings,

frightful and looming.

Devilry at heart.

The railway station where love departs

on shadowy trains of night

and only tired pain arrives

along tracks that divide your internal countryside.

 

Into the darkest of nights.

Infused with the diamond

shine of shop window displays,

and street side lights.

Beside the roadside shrine.

Been there for years.

Barely noticeable by day.

The flowers change

with the seasons rains,

rotting and fading petals

flow in between distant tears

circling heavy drains until

the gurgling is all that you hear.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *