Monday 8 April 2024

Tales from the 44A: Watching

 


Watching lives walk

into different storylines,

along pathways that my

blurred eyes can't see.

I wonder silently,

mind ambling away,

somewhere

on another journey.

Where is the next stop?

Am I destined

to repeat this same cycle for eternity?

A self-created purgatory,

for crimes I never committed.

sitting in ever-emptying stations

as the last buses leave.

 

Taking in autumn views

before winter visits

become yesterday’s news,

touring spring, then pulling in

to a brief stay in sunlight relief

replenishing the skin

for a spell so brief.

 

I watch from teary

corners of my eyes.

Seeing lives wearily

blending merged storylines.

Emerging from the solitary strands,

untangling with countless

other threads.

Until you have a cast

of thousands,

all impacting lives,

touching hearts

With just a smile.

It is profound

the way it heightens

the miles.

 

I watch from

this frozen seat,

stuck still.

Tears stream my face

from the biting chill.

I watch the way gravity sucks

so many together,

flocks of sheep, herding

in the cold weather.

Their smiles 

infectious.

The grimaces

don't stand a chance,

every single one that starts to appear

is waved into the distance.

 

Watching lives pass through

this station most nights.

The 44a ride into

the rest of your life.

Am I trapped

in a circle of agony?

Or is this the start

of a whole new journey?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *